My Sainted Aunt

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 14:10:34 GMT

Brian/Fantome on Real world Saints
>My understanding of Christian (Catholic) Saints is that they have atoned for
>their sins whilst _on_ earth. No waiting in purgatory, go straight to heaven.
>To be recognised by the Vatican they also need to have miracles attributed to
>them. And to be a saint you don't need to be recognised either. The pope
>doesn't have the final say.

In the Celtic Christian Church, a saint was anyone who went out and actively converted the heathens, so saints like Patrick, David and Columba where acknowledged as saints even in their own lifetime by their own followers. Not sure if this has any relevance to the Malkoni analogies though. - --

| Tim Ellis    EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                             |

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #153