Re: Taking Rob to task

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:48:15 +0800

        Actually, I kind of agree with Rob in a way. No, I don't think everybody should have illusion magic, or even all those connected to the illusion rune - I agree that illusion magic is special and rare. But I do think that most Gloranthan illusion magic is too weak.

        I want the Puppeteer Troupe - and I want then to be able to do outrageous illusions. I would prefer that this was accomplished in game terms by giving them great illusion spells, rather than just giving them the same old spells, and waving your hands and saying 'oh, they probably have around 50 points of spells each, though'.

        And for that matter, the Lunars should occasionally have access to great illusions too. Or to be more precise, I believe the Irrippi Ontor power of Glamour should be pretty effective when they use it.

        In fact, I might even propose a better solution right now, as it comes to me in a flash of inspiration - perhaps the really effective illusionists have access to illusion spells that are made more powerful by more magic point. I.e. perhaps the area of effect of an Illusionary Sight, for example, can be increased by stacking mps with it.

        Cheers
                David

Computing Officer    |" Life is easily understood as bit strings of logical
Arts Faculty UWA     |depth greater than their length" - Rebis, Doom Patrol
davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au |" Do not think, HIT, it is our way" - Milk & Cheese