Loskalmi Knights, Harrek & Tricksters

From: sstair_at_cs.utep.edu
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 23:13:15 MDT

David Cake:
> To the Loskalmi way of life, soldier is only a step on the way to
> knight. So why would you want training in fighting light, missile arms, and
> skirmishing tactics, as all that will become irrelevent once you become a
> knight?

So that when you become a commander of the aforementioned soldiers, you will know their stengths, weaknesses and how to use them to best advantage.

Peter Metcalfe:
> Of course I have another theory that Harrek suffers from premature baldness.
> He kills the Polar Bear God and wears its skin as a toupe to hid his crowning
> glory (have you ever seen him with it off?). Harrek is searching for the
> land where the gods Comb and Braid are found so he can grow back his lost
> hair. This explains the circumnavigation epic. Harrek doesn't find it due
> to his unfortunate habit of killing first and ask questions later.

Or maybe he isn't wearing the full bear-skin after all! Maybe he is just wearing the head, and letting everyone think all that hair on his back is part of the Polar Bear Skin.

RE: Robert McArthur's beef about illusion magic:

While it may seem expensive to use Divine Illusion spells, if you realize that most Tricksters are priests of some Trickster cult, and therefore can use their spells reusably, the cost does seem more reasonable.

Steve Stair