Re: The KOW

From: GAWINTER_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 08:46:28 -0400

I am wondering how long its been since the KOW fought a war. They were caught up by the Ban & probably started by fighting amongst themselves, eventually they were united by a strong leader & started studying war full time. Have they had the opportunity to fight wars with smaller countries coming out from under the Ban or is the current conflict their first major military experience since the ban.

If I lived in the KOW I bet I would be slavishly devoted to my cult & almost hostile to the others, after all my cult & theirs have been competing for generations. Sort of like a US army joke I heard. Someone asked an infantryman if he knew who the enemy was, he responds "Supply". I also think I would also be over confident, after all the KOW are the preeminant fighters in the universe none can oppose them.

Are they well versed in Logistics, have they ever fought far away from home. The Ban is a wierd place to fight, how much of their hyper-studied tactics only make sense their.

How much experience do they have with exotic cult magic? In DP one of the tricks is to avoid being the targets of the Earth shakers or having moon rock dropped on you. I bet fighting power sorcerers has different consequences.