Tastelessness warning!

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 16:19:49 +0100

Just like a Eurmali creating a fart: with
> a bit of sound, smell and taste (:-)

Being a fan of spell lists, I will follow up Nick's suggestion and produce some specific Illusion spells. And speaking of farts.....

THE MYTH:
During the Greater Darkness, when Chaos had entered the world, Eurmal and two other fellows was powers and identities are lost, but whose names were Lask and Yrah, met Wakboth on a lonely road. "HAHA!" Wakboth roared. "I'm the all-powerful destroyer of cosmos, and I will eat your bodies and souls unless you can give me a task I cannot do!"
Lask said: "Drink the sea."
And Wakboth drank the sea, and then he ate Lask. Yrah said: "Eat the mountains."
And Wakboth ate the mountains, and then he devoured Yrah. But Eurmal let loose a terrible fart, and then he shouted: "Catch that, nail it to the Spike, and paint it green!" Wakboth tried, but failed. Of course he was not about to keep any promises, but when he came back Eurmal, like any smart guy, had already run away.

THE SPELL
Fart
1 pt Divine spell
ranged, duration, stackable, reusable
This spell creates the sound, smell and whatever taste there is of a really offensive fart, one of the kind that makes you anathema in the neighbourhood for ever. It can be made to come from anyone or anything within range. The smells etc will of course only last for the duration, but most normal farts do, so who cares. The spell can be stacked with others to affect more than one target.

HOW TO GAIN THIS NONSENSE
A Trickster who want to gain this spell must cause a chaos being to make a complete fool of himself, or the Trickster tending the shrine wont let him learn it. There must be some kind of witness to or proof of the damn thing. The most famous shrine who is dedicated to this rather strange aspect of Trickster is situated in (of course) The Stinking Forest.

Oh, and concealing spells?

Invisibility, which makes the target completely invisible, is 3-point reusable. I'm sure there is some Mask spell that lets a soldier look like something inoffensive which is 1 point if the exact mask (Soldier-to-Peasant) is given, or 2 points for a general Mask spell. And since 4 points can Create a Feast, I'll bet a mere 5 points can Make A Troupe Of Soldiers Look Like Cows, or something like that. And, BTW, these spells may be broken for a short time when you do something totally against your appearance (just like an Invisible/Concealed guy is visible for a short moment when acting offensively) eg when the cow fires an arrow at you.

On another subject: Thanks for the comments, Peter! I'll try to find the relevant articles. I had honestly also wondered why there were no BRONZE dwarves. Of course Lodril is a likely candidate for a heat-metal....
Erik Sieurin