Aldryami food

From: Lahtinen Antti Jussi <al76188_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:33:44 +0200 (EET)

> From: "Marko H. Tamminen" <mhtammin_at_snakemail.hut.fi>
> Subject: Aldryami food
>
> I remember reading from somewhere (I thought it was Elder Secrets
> package, but apparently it wasn't), that elves' preferred food is manure,
> which sound quite feasible as they are vegetables. The same source also
> mentioned, that when elves travel among men they rather sleep in a stable
> with the horses than in a room.

	Aldryami eating habits that were described in Elder Secrets said
	that elves prefer to eat uncooked vegetable matter (fruits, berries,
	roots, nuts, etc), and humans can eat elvish food.

	The idea of shit-eating living composts appeared in this digest,
	and I don't believe that those ideas are compatible with Elder
	Secrets rules. (I don't believe that humans can survive by eating
	shit.)

	Note that elvish vegetable diet appears to be partly cultural and
	religious matter. The cult of Aldrya forbids the eating of meat, and
	at least one renagade elf has turned man-eater (I think that Saw-
	toothed Korvain was mentioned in Genertela pack).