occupation

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 07:59:41 -0500

> Can anyone recall what are the "occupation laws" enforced in Sartar during
> Lunar occupation referred to in KOS. I don't have all of my reference
> material accessible at the moment. I presume that these laws would involve
> banning plate armor, forbidding certain kind of magic use in public places,
> closing down of Stormbull temples, outlawing the ducks, forbidding large
> meetings of armed bodies. Any other suggestions.

        You seem to have covered most of the basics. Note that the ducks weren't outlawed until the Starbrow rebellion, and even then not for long. The ducks have some sort of treaty with the 'power in the swamp' (Delecti!). When the Lunars drove them out, they promised dire retribution, and the Lunars laughed. They stopped laughing when THINGS stated coming out of the swamp. In the end, the Lunars wound up paying indemnities for all burned buildings to get the ducks to move back in; as soon as the they did, the THINGS stopped emerging from the swamps....

        I thought the Lunars destroyed/desecrated all temples/shrines/etc devoted exclusively to Orlanthi. Any more general temples had 'Orlanth' stuff removed; the rest was left alone. THe Lunars were following out the dictates of the RMG's Divine Will; Orlanth must be subjugated. All orlanthi were intended to become like the 'lunarized' orlanthi of Peloria; followers of Ernalda & Barntar. It was efforts to stop the Lunars from seizing a hilltop  shrine that led to the Starbrow Rebellion....

        Andrew