The will of Harrek

From: Fantome_at_eworld.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 08:24:09 -0700

Peter Metcalfe

>> WRT to Harrek being able to manipulate the flow of magic, it just seems to
go against the image of Harrek as Pirate King and Brutality Incarnate. Even if Harrek is modelled on Harald Haralda, the Spell Turner Trick still seems alien. <<

Now the fact that certain things happened doesn't mean that Harrek fully controls all effects around him, or is able to manipulate magic.

Harrek > Oh. groan, they're about to cast a spell on me. I wish it would turn back on them..
Harrek> I am not the target you <the magic> are looking for.

Having so much will, you just have so much effect on reality.

Then again, it could be the polar bear god spirit acting in his own interests. i.e. trying to save his own hide <grin>.

David Cake

>> The guys a super-hero, Nick. He is one of the most powerful
magicians of his age, the magical equal of Jar-Eel or perhaps even Arkat.<<

A feisty super-hero does not a magician make.

Loren Miller

>> Where's Harrek? <<

A tragedy of epic and polar bear spirit (the glacier) proportions. I liked it.

>> ANTI MAGIC. He refuses to believe it can affect him, and since
his will is so strong, it can't. <<

My point above was an attempt at expanson on the effects of his will. But you put it so much better than I did.

Brian
Fantome_at_eworld.com <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #168