Orlanth on the ropes

From: Hannu Kokko <HannuKokko_at_rquest.pp.fi>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 00:59:33 +0300

Andrew wrote
>By the start of the hero wars, there were no active temples or
>shrines to Orlanth. Even Whitewall (in the heortlands) had fallen.

Well I had not pictured it was quite as bleak as that, but it of course could be so. I'll bet
my players will be crushed to see that the only Orlanthi temple available to them
is the one that is on Pavis and even that is closed down now due to an unfortunate
incident. Nochet or bust...

Pam wrote
> Our pet theory (largely derived by Jeff Richard) is that
>the Orlanthi don't really need physical temples to worship. Enough people
>and a godi on a windy hilltop will do. Add to that, Sartar is full of
>sacred sites marked with with small shrines (already sanctified). If you
>need a great temple, there's the Old Wind Temple, and possibly the one in
>Whitewall. They are likely short on runies, though. High death rate.

This would be a very reasonable picture. This can also generate loads of fun in trying to get the people together secretly.

> Has Dr. Suess made
>it to Finland? Think of the Grinch as Tatius and the Whos as the
>Sartarites...

Dr Suess??

Hannu Kokko            <HannuKokko_at_rquest.pp.fi>  Cap Programator Finland Oy
All opinions are mine not my employers'              "Ninety-nine and half
ain't enough."