Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #162

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 20:51:01 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding Erik Sieurin's Fart spell, we've been using a similar Trickster spell for years in our campaign, which follows:

Flatulance
1 pt Divine spell
ranged, duration, stackable, reusable

This spell must overcome the POW of the target. If successful, the target farts loudly, smellily, and uncontrollably for the duration of the spell. All attempts at communications skills are reduced by the caster's POW x3. This spell may be stacked for a greater chance of success in the same way as Blinding.

This spell is provided at shrines of EURMAL THUNDEROUS, which commemorate Eurmal's clever theft of primal wind powers from Orlanth. Eurmal accomplished this by feeding Orlanth magic beans, waiting for Orlanth to excrete the beans, then eating them himself, thus aquiring a portion of Orlanth's powers as his own. Shrines to EURMAL THUNDEROUS typically display the illusion, air, and disorder runes.

One such shrine exists in the village of Prattown (just downstream from the Falls of the River Pratt) in Sartar. This magnicifent shrine is actually three shrines in one:

EURMAL THUNDEROUS (see above)

EURMAL REX Celebrating Eurmal as the creator of the world and king of the gods. Teaches LIE.

EURMAL ADVENTUROUS Celebrating Eurmal's brave victory over a foul demon of Chaos in honorable combat. Teaches STRIKE.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #176