Hallucinate

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 13:39:56 +0800

> Anyway, about all this fuss over Illusion spells and Tricksters; I don't
>have access to any of my sources, but isn't there a 3 point(?) Trickster spell
>which allows any combination of 12 points of the Divine illusion spells?

        It is Hallucinate - it allows you to create the effect of 12 points of illusion, but it only effects the caster.

> I seem to remember having a powergamer in a game I was running creating a
>size 30 block of stone and dropping it on someones head (in true Monty Python
>fashion of course)........Doesn't such a spell increase the level of illusions
>some what?

        Your powergamer was not paying close attention to the rules. My impression is they would only be able to drop a rock on their own head. Or they could think they had dropped a rock on someone, but it wouldn't bother them at all.

        Hallucinate is a fun spell, actually. My first impression was that it was pretty useless, but if you think about it for a while you start to get all sorts of interesting ideas. I have some vague idea you could possibly use it to fool people in some sort of Mind Link, but that might not work very well.

        But my reading was that Hallucinate can affect the casters body as well - so they could walk across an illusory bridge, or ride an illusory horse. Believing their own lies for personal advantage - very tricksterish.

        Cheers

                David
Computing Officer    |" Life is easily understood as bit strings of logical
Arts Faculty UWA     |depth greater than their length" - Rebis, Doom Patrol
davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au |" Do not think, HIT, it is our way" - Milk & Cheese