Game balance

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 08:33:15 +0100

Here's another (and probably superfluous) opinion on game/rule balance: I think it is an illusion (no connection to another current thread).

First, there are too many parameters, many of them far from absolutely measurable.

Second, the relative power of a cult or a spell or a creature depends on who runs it. I'm pretty sure that a Flamal-worshipping trollkin run by Sandy could wipe out a 7M-worshipping ogre run by a RQ newbie. (Sandy, I hope you don't mind me using you as an example of a very experienced RQ GM/player).

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net