still puzzled

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 08:47:01 -0500

        Whe I asked how a kingdom could be run on top of a peasantry so heavily tapped it cannot revolt, Sandy replies:

>	Why not? Their strength and constitution are normally

> unimpaired. They may not be quite as productive as a free human
> being, or even a Jonating serf, but this is probably more than made
> up for by diminished garrison and management requirements.

        Okay, if they're not tapping Str or Con, then what are they tapping?

Elf Reforestation:

        How much trouble this gives the KoW depends on how dense the forest is. If the strength of the elvish armies really does grow in proportion to the forests, then the KoW is in real trouble. The only examples I know of wherein elves where driven from there forests are the Skyburn & Moonburn, (requiring three and five years of preparation, yes?). Of course Congern is not going to be too happy either...

                Andrew