Illusions

From: Lewis Jardine <JARDINE_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 17:34:03 +0100 (BST)

Hi All

        I have been reading the illusions topic with some interest recently as it echoes some of my thoughts on the subject. The only time I have ever used illisions as a GM it was the sorcerous variety, to my mind the divine ones are very weak.

        Note that by this I am talking about visual and audible illusions not substance/touch ones which I feel are about right (my wife had a trickster who used to create illusionary fire on her sword thus creating a long duration fireblade type effect). However, the scope for visual illusions is pretty limited using divine magic and this is the area which I feel should be corrected. Basically I feel that 1 point of divine magic should be able to create an visual illusion of a man that looks real, add a point of sound and it should be convincing until you touch or smell it. Remember this illusion can mislead, but it can't do anything...

        My suggestions is 10 SIZ, full opacity for visual illusions per point of divine magic. For sounds 1 pt = talking, 2pts = shouting, 3 pts = deafening, 4pts = Sonic Attack at maximum volume! (should be able to cause actual damage).

Cheers

        Lewis