Trickster rune magic

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 00:42:33 -0700

Peter Metcalfe spoke thusly:

>Hallucination. An ideal spell for the cult of Eurmal Lightbringer.

Hmmm. Not bad. Though personally I think Eurmal Lightbringer would teach a spell called "Perceive Ultimate Truth" which would of course, be the exact same spell as Hallucinate by another name.

Personally, I think Hallucinate to be the definitive Trickster spell. In the same way that other cults in my campaign frown on any Priest who hasn't bothered to learn "Worship" or "Divination," I think Tricksters would be more than a little suspicious of anyone who wasn't willing to trip out at the old shrine.

It's also my own Trickster character's favorite solution to stressful situations (like combat). A little Hallucinate, a little Conceal, and you're safe in your own little Trickster womb while your bruiser friends take care of that irritating gang of broos. And if your friends end up getting the short end of the stick, hey that's what Lie is for. "I am the Secret Face of Ralzakark. Tremble before me."