KoW ala Tom Zunder

From: POPEJ_at_cofc.edu
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 16:26:05 -0500 (EST)

Just wanted to register my agreement with Tom Zunder's evaluation of the Kingdom of War. The little that we're told about it in G:CotHW does make it sound like a stereotypical 'evil empire,' though without the depth of, say, a Mordor. Nor does recent speculation on the list make it sound more interesting--it seems like a wargamer's fantasy.

All of which is fine if you go for that sort of thing. But what attracts me personally about RQ/Glorantha is the emphasis placed on culture. Orlanthi culture, in particular, has been detailed to such a degree in KoS (to name one source only) that I find it easy to suspend my disbelief and think of it as a real entity (of course, its close modelling on some terrestrial cultures helps).

Which is why there is no Kingdom of War in my Glorantha. . .

Jonas Pope