Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #184

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 17:59:06 CDT

& From: TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL (Torres, Capt Timothy M)
&
& If I had control of a Gnome, large enough to surround my physical (human)
& form and leave a pocket of breathable air (with or without replenishable
& air supply), and if this Gnome were sufficiently intelligent to
& understand what I wanted (maybe I've put a lot of effort into making it a
& worthwhile familiar), would it be capable of transporting me underground
& (also assuming soft enough ground). (i.e., Does a Gnome move it's
& physical substance or does it's spirit pass from one piece of dirt to the
& next?)
&

Remind me never to let professionals into my games! (:

I recall reading (I forget where at the moment) that a sufficiently large gnome can transport people underground, but the going is slow, and it did explicitly state that you need a means of breathing (such as Skin of Life or, to hit that OTHER thread, the Illusion of Scuba Gear).

Your Glorantha May Vary.