Gore and Gash's Goodies

From: Akkerman, Justin <JAkkerma_at_vmcsnat2.telecom.com.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 95 15:07:00 EST

I am beginning a campaign which will have one of it's foci as the Elder Wilds. One of the aspects of the Elder Wilds which I am detailing right now is the trolls who are living at a "barbarian" level of cultural organisation. I have come to the conclusion that these populations settled here when Gore an Gash came through on their way to Dagori Inkarth. They were also part of the Shadow Lands when they were at their biggest.

One thing that is mentioned twice about Gore and Gash is that when they left the Wonderhome they gathered artefact of some type or another with them. What I am wondering is what would the function of these artifacts be? They would be of _extreme_ antiquity. They would also reflect the needs/desires of trolls in Wonderhome. Another possibility is that they were gifts to G&G from mommy (Kyger Litor herself) to better equip her children in the Hurtplace. They would cover some of the trolls favourite things, singing to ancestors, eating, summoning up spirits, having children et c. Still, what form would they take?

The reason why I am asking this is that I have decided that the authority of some of the larger queendoms in the Elder Wilds will be based upon the possession of these artifacts. The artifacts shape and function would be reflected in the skills, talents, magics and very slant of the particular tribes. They may even have effects in war similar to the arc of the covenant.

I can see it now. "The trolls sang the chopping song for two whole nights. They then cut a path through the elves until the extension of the forest was separated from the body. Then the Thingamajigger of Gore was brought forward, carried by a dozen straining greattrolls. They paced around the extension once forward and twice back. By the next night none of the extension remained only withered sticks of elf bones (which were both crunchy and tasty) remained."

Any body have any idea what the Thingamajigger looks like?

Justin A.