Re: Seshnela

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 17:20:11 -0500

In a message dated 95-11-10 00:19:04 EST, "Hasni Mubarak" took time off from running Egypt to write:

>Also, how do devout Seshnellans react to Orlanthi and Humakti? How can
>they have a navy when Dormal is required for open seas...I thought I
>read that the Invisibile God didn't let people worship real-er false
>gods?

Check Gods of Glorantha. Dormal is a Saint.

>Oh, and just as another note, what types of Lunar presence is there in
>the West? Next to none? I assume that the Red Moon is there
>though...right?

Maybe a few clandestine spies, but nothing else in the southwest. Fronela, of course, has those evil Arrolians. The skymap in Elder Secrets shows that the Red Moon is visible at Magasta's Whirlpool, which is well to the south of Seshnela, so yes, Shepelkirt's floating corpse (as we good Orlanthi call it) is visible in Seshnela. What do they make of it? Probably they consider it a baleful omen of evil from the east.

Greg Stafford has said (somewhere, don't know exactly) that Seshnela is comparable to Dark Ages Europe. At least in technology, but probably in society, too.