Land Submarines....

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 00:31:13 GMT

The idea of using Gnomes as a sort of underground submarine was quashed by Sandy saying that they couldn't enclose a body of air within themselves.

Accepting that is does strike me that a sorcerer could make quite a nice mode of conveyance using Gnomes and Skin of Life. Not something that could move troops on a large scale but a neat delivery system for spies and other small covert groups trying to get behind enemy lines. Loskalm Intelligence Service please copy....

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.