Martial Arts

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:21 CDT

I have written a thorough (but "work-in-progress") Martial Arts rules expansion, complete with designer notes for designing unique martial arts styles (Yes, I'm acquainted with martial arts rules in other game systems such as I.C.E. and "the other game company." Is there an "Eastern" location in Glorantha where an oriental culture exists (or could exist). If not an oriental culture, is there a Gloranthan location where unarmed combat would be more a way of life and could be modified to include other aspects of the martial arts (such as eastern philosophies).

Also, I am willing to e-mail my rules expansion to any interested for their own personal, "not for profit" use in exchange for a promise of constructive criticism of those rules. By way of comparison, the RQ3 martial arts rules are fine for cultures in which martial arts are (at most) secondary to other combat styles, but my rules expansion is designed to add flavor and depth for predominantly oriental-type cultures. For a martial arts campaign, I would prefer a Gloranthan oriental culture with limited magic. Then the characters might eventually come into contact with other Gloranthan cultures.

Tim Torres [torrestm.hqamc_at_mhs.safb.af.mil]