Re: Lodril

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 20:42:27 -0500

In Digest V.2 #203, Will Johnson writes:

> I was wondering if anyone had more
>information on Caladraland or knew where I could look.

The cult of Caladra & Aurelion has appeared 2 or 3 times in print, most recently (and maybe easiest to get ahold of) in TotRM # 7. There's background on Caladraland in the RQ Companion.

>... Lodril. One of the cult skills is a craft. Craft
>Metal immediately comes to mind due to Lodril's divine magic and the
>association with volcanoes, but are there any other forms of craft which
>would be commonly practiced.

It depends. Lodril is the premier god for male peasants in Peloria, so he teaches all class-appropriate crafts. In Caladraland, though, he is a minor deity, possibly an import from the days of the You Know Whos. There, he  teaches only metal skills.

>Also, even though this will not affect my
>character for some time if ever, how does an allied spirit of Lodril
manifest
>itself? As a flame, is it similar to a small salamander or more like a
>simple candle flame?

In the interests of MGF, I'd say it's a flame whose size depends on the amount of fuel available. For safety's sake, the priest tries to keep a good-sized flame going, but it could be as small as a single coal.