Re: Lodril allied spirits

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 18:10:35 -0500

In Digest V.2 #205, Peter Metcalfe writes, re: Lodril allied spirits:

>I don't think the flame will extinguish naturally (or via the extinguish
>spell). I'd put it in a lamp or a candle and feed it with fuel. If
>starved of fuel, it will diminish.

I have to disagree. If it's not extinguishable naturally or through the Extinguish spell, it's basically invulnerable (unless you want to say it's vulnerable to Smother or that buckets of water are not "natural.") Lodril allied spirits should be exactly analogous to the animal allies of other cults: long-lived, but vulnerable to physical destruction.