Lodril and the Disorder Kegs of War

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 13:19:57 +1300

Chris Francis:

>Does any one have any ideas about how the Agimori go about lodril worship in
>Prax & the wastes? ( if enough worshippers got enough points of summon lodril
>would that create a new volcanoe -- hmm not if Sandy thinks gnomes in seige
>situations are too upsetting.)

I don't think the Praxian Agimori worship Lodril as the Volcano God. They would recognize him as the Ancestor and also note that he is a fire god. But his cult is largely irrelevant to the Agimori who turn to foundchild amongst other cults.

>By the way can anyone give me a reference to Gagarthi

Tales of the Reaching Moon #4 (or was it #3?) has the full writeup. They are a bandit cult in the Wastelands and everybody hates them. The Bandit Chief gets to learn spells like Create Whirlvish (which turns a captive ghost into a Whirlvish) and Windwalk. They have some unexplained connection with Star Bears...

Mark Smylie:

>The Ottoman use of gunpowder during later centuries, frex at the siege of
>Vienna, has interesting possibilities, in that the idea of the KoW possessing
>fire- and smoke-belching cannon has a certain infernal quality that fits them
>nicely; how they got the technology would need to be explained, though
>(perhaps the Great Secret of the KoW is not that they're troll stooges, but
>_dwarf_ stooges: a raiding band of Iron Dwarves, cut off from Nidan by the
>Ban, receives a vision from Mostal to rebuild the War Machine [Kargan Tor of
>Mostal's Spike?]...nah).

Not as farfetched as it sounds. The Nidan Decamony did lend arms to drive out Syranthir Forefront during the Loskalmi Wars of Succession. And the Broken Council Guidebook has exposed a lot of Greatway propoganda about the Nidan Decamony. Methinks the Kingdom of War merely has a credit line with Bad Deal when purchasing Disorder Kegs. These are then used to terrible effect in Fronela (Place Keg in Trebuchet, Light Keg, Release Trebuchet, Watch Foe perform Aerial Acrobatics).