Re: What the War Lord says; Tailhook

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:23:16 -0500

In V2 #221, Mark Smylie writes that he may give us
> "What the War Lord Says" and "What My Captain Told Me"
>pieces, despite Nick's repeated warnings not to do so, and I think that
>Sandy's piece has pushed me over the edge and I'll try to post something
soon
>(something which will probably wind up triggering Peter's PoMo detector); on
>the other hand, I might just wind up giving up.

Don't give up! I'm looking forward to seeing inside those twisted minds.  Even with Sandy's example of Leatherface, there is some place in our souls we can imagine ourselves as that Other, or else story-telling would be impossible.

As for our brethren in other countries, let me explain that Tailhook was the name of a convention of Navy and Marine aviators which created a big scandal when said aviators were accused of sexual harassment including, among other things, making women run a gauntlet.