Re: Destroying the KoW

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 95 12:51:56 -0600

Peter Metcalfe
>If I were playing the campaign Against the KoW, I would make the
>Driving Force for the KoW _unknown_ to those outside it with
several >mutally contrary schools of thought about what causes it. While >Everybody Else in Fronela sees the key as Military Victory and die >bloodily in trying, I would allow the PCs to discover what is >happening. What the driving force is I would leave up to the GM!

        I wish to add my voice to Peter's here. This is how the KoW should be used, IMO. Every GM can have his players find their own solution to the problem, depending on his campaign. If his players love combat, then a military victory may be possible, at least if the PCs are able to sneak deep into the kingdom and destroy the Well of Death or whatever is hiding there. If his players prefer high-faluting court intrigue, then the KoW can only be beaten if everyone in Fronela joins together -- lots of diplomatic action and internal factions and spies. And so forth.

Incidentally, like a complete idiot I managed to delete all my saved posts about the KoW that I've been making over the last week or so. Could some kind person grab them off the digest and mail them to me? (I don't save old digests. Perhaps I should change my ways.) I'd be grateful and name the next loathsome villain in my house campaign after you. ;)

Sandy Petersen