Re: yet more Rokari vs. Hrestoli

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 95 14:05:47 -0600

> While the Hrestoli may claim to be as old as the Rokari, their
own >recent revolution in religion was, by their beliefs, larger and
>purer than the Rokari.

Joerg, niggling
>You mean Loskalmi New Idealist Hrestoli? Then say so, please,
>because there are still "Hrestoli" remnants of the Middle Sea
Empire >church in numerous pockets, not just the Castle Coast

        I do not think that many of these actually term themselves "Hrestoli". The term today, in theological circles, is mainly used to refer solely to the New Idealist Hrestoli. I believe that the Castle Coasters and the other Middle Sea Empire remnants do not think of themselves as Hrestoli, but as original Malkioni. Gimme dat old-time religion. More importantly, I believe that the Rokari, largest and most influential sect call the Loskalmi state church the "Hrestoli" and that the Loskalmi themselves, when referring to their own faith, term themselves the "Hrestoli".

        Having to use the clumsy term "Loskalmi New Idealist Hrestoli" is not to be countenanced any more than every time you wished to refer to Sandy Petersen's church you'd repeat "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". It's far easier just to say "LDS" or "Mormon".