KOW

From: Tim Leask <tsl_at_asac.citri.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 12:21:53 +1100 (EST)

The Kingdom of War seems like a load of bollocks to me. The rate at which it consumes resources, human resources, far out weighs the rate at which resources can be assimilated. Tapping is an extremely inefficient process. The armed forces of the KOW are going to be rapidly diluted from the elite core (corps?) from which they began. Attrition and assimilation of inferior forces makes this inevitable. Where do they get these new recruits from ? Few sane warrior would surrender to the KOW so warriors would have to be trained from amongst captured peasants and the like. The KOW needs a lot of magical and mythic support to explain how it can survive.

Maybe the KOW are really the BORG.
"I am LDoaH of KOW, prepare to be assimilated!"

Advanced Service Applications Centre /*\__/\ "Anyone can hold the helm when
CITRI          	         	    <       \         the sea is calm."
723 Swanston St,                     \  _  _/      -- Publilius Syrus
Carlton,                              \| --
Victoria,
AUSTRALIA, 3053 Phone: +61 3 9282 2439 e-mail: tsl_at_citri.edu.au