Dead and Kicking

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 21:55:28 +0100

Pam says

>Yelm and Ernalda are not dead - they are alive in the underworld.

Underworld? Do you mean Upper (fertile, living) or Lower (barren, cold) Earth (which is Hell)?

>IMO, they are still contactable, if the worshippers know the proper mysteries.

I meant that. Sorry if that was unclear.

>After all, Lodril lives in the underworld all the time, but his powers and
>creations are ubiquitous across the surface world.

I'd say Lodril lives in Upper Earth, not in Hell.

>I see Genert as more of a local manifestation of Ernaldan/Earth fertility
>than a true elemental power.

Genert was/is the king of Genertela. He is not an elemental power, but the sovereign of the land. One of his many powers obviously included fertility. 'Local' in this case means the whole of the Northern Continent, neh?

BTW, wasn't Ernalda on of his daughters? If that is the case, shouldn't Ernalda be a manifestation of Genertan fertility?

Obviously, i'm just playing around with semantics. Basically, i agree with you.