elves...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 11:39:15 +1300

Erik Sieurin:

>The humans of Fonrit and the Sedalpists, engaged in various wars
>against the nonhuman races, and stole the secret of coffee. They use
>it in various rituals against the non-humans, and most of their
>despised Knights (Murderer! Outcast! Unclean!) are addicted to the
>stuff, gaining the same horrible wholly red eyes as all elves have
>during their long winter vigils (replacing the normal strange elven
>eyes).

[grovels in respect]

This does explain to how a militant Brown Elf Kingdom in Vralos managed to hold out against the the Elf Kingdom of Enkloso during Aldrya's Woe of the First Age without getting thoroughly trashed every winter. I'm sold!

Andrew Behan:

>The Warlords slash and burn on a grand scale. Today the Black Forest is
>probably a blasted heath, it's resources utterly exhausted.

An intriguing possibility just occurred to me. Somebody (Kevin?) commented a long time back that the KoW being mounted was unusual that it came out of the black forest. And now Perfe seems to be the centre of the KoW's ops. Perhaps the size of the Black Forest on the map today is larger than it was when the ban ended through the Elf Reforestation efforts expanding where there are no longer any peasants? The Elves would not driving out the Kingdom of War but expanding into the uninhabitable wasteland created by the KoW.