Other Roleplaying Systems: EVERWAY

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 10:44:22 GMT

Sandy confesses his ignorance of EVERWAY. It is a new game by Wizards of the Coast and written by the excellent Jonathon Tweet, author of OVER THE EDGE.

An incredibly simplified system designed to do 'mythic' and 'heroic' roleplaying  and also to encourage entry into the role-playing hobby by those who have never role-gamed before it is as strange and as innovative in its way as OTE was before it.

One of the things that struck me about it was that it could provide a model for running HeroQuests in Glorantha. No, seriously. I've started to make notes about this and I think you could well be able to do it if you were willing to abandon enough of the assumptions about the world that RuneQuest makes for the mundane part of Glorantha. Watch this space for further developments. Maybe.

But do take a look at EVERWAY if you get the chance.

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.