Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #230

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 18:08:08 +0100

David Dunham:
> Peter Metcalfe suspects
>
> >The Heartlands of the Kingdom of War may not have much in the way of food
> >supply but it is the base for a lot of other things
>
> While we're speculating, perhaps the Heartlands is something the KoW is
> *fleeing* by expanding outwards.

That remembers me of a comic I thought I saw on the Net. It's kinda Sci-Fi, see, and the hero and his companions have landed on an alien planet. Suddenly, a host of strange beings appear, running towards them, screaming "Flee! Flee! The Bad-Baddies are coming!" The hero and his pals get a bit nervous. Then another bunch of bigger and meaner beings appear, and first they are assumed to be the Bad-Baddies, but as they draw nearer they are also heard to shout "Flee! Flee! The Bad-Baddies are coming!". Finally an enormous warmachinerobot appears, touting megagigabig weapons, and sure that this is a Bad-Baddie the hero prepares to sell his life dearly, but the robot merely stops to rumble: "Flee! Flee! The Bad-Baddies are coming!"
I think they left the planet after that. They didn't want to meet the Bad-Baddies..........
I mean, WHAT could scare people like the Warriors of the Kingdom of War (WoKoW, for short)?

Erik Sieurin