Warhammer and Everway.

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 11:38:34 +0000 (GMT)

Sandy Petersen:
> WARHAMMER (the RPG): pretty fun actually, if rather eccentric and
> straitjacketed. The fact that you can play a rat-catcher pretty much
> captivated me. The rules may not be all that realistic, but you can
> get in fast bloody melees right away. Soon you'll be buying lots of
> Citadel miniatures, and that's what this game is all about.

Whilst it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who likes WHFRP there is more to it than Citadel minatures. For those who don't know it tends to play like a renaissance version of CoC.

I played Everway at Gaelcon. I had mixed feelings about this one. I gather it's not for begining GMs though it would probably work really well with begining players. It's from WotC so it comes with a 100+ art cards. Players use these to create a character background and the GM uses them to tell a story. It seems to be designed for fairy tale/allegory adventures. To the good the cards stimulate the imagination and can generate weird and wonderful characters. To the bad parties don't seem to have much reasons for being together which can lead to hose-pipe plots. Of course,that would tie in with Mike Cule's mention of it as a HQ system.
Andrew Behan