Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #231

From: Paul W. Stolar <paul_at_ariel.mdn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 01:45:18 -0500 (GMT-0500)

Sandy mentioned that he did not follow the Ars Magica book very weel. I can understand that, it does not read very well as a game system. The mechanics are very difficult for an engineer like me to follow. But I do like the background material. It creates a "believable" mideavil society where sorcerers remain secluded and do there stuff. It is a very coherent world setting. It is easy to use the material and RQ together.

A question at large.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities beteen Dayzatar and Subere. Both claim to be "untouched", both claim to hold knowledge (wisdom and secrets, respectively), and both are on opposite ends of Glorantha.

If one takes this further, Subere held DEATH in her bosom. DEATH separates the corporeal from the spirit and draws the spirit to HELL (in Suberes area). Is there a Dayzatar equivalent rune, unknown at this time, which might draw the spirit to "Heaven"? Thoughts anyone.

Has anyone ever worked on some troll heroquests? I have a few ideas, like Bostakang's one, and many battles against chaos. Any other ideas?