Heroquest a la Everway

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 1995 20:20:59 +0100

Will Johnson:
>In Glorantha Digest # 232 Mike Cule indicates that Everway may be a good
>system to use with Hero Questing. I have to admit that when I first read the
>rules that was the first thing I thought of.

Yea, me too.

>I have begun figuring out how I
>would convert characters over to this new system for a quest that I had been
>working on.

There are a couple of problems there. Everway scores characters in four elements Earth, Air, Water and Fire. To fit well in a Gloranthan context there should perhaps be a Darkness score too. Worse is that the connotations of the Everway elements are a bit different from Gloranthan reality, e.g. in Everway, Air is the element of though and expression and Fire is the element of physical activity and combat.

The second big problem is Everway's fortune deck (cards used for action resolution) which are intriguing, but use symbols and images which seem less well suited for Glorantha.

>I will let you all know how it works out.

I hope you succeed, for the idea is great.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net