Humakti Holy Place

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 08:13 CDT

Paul Pofandt writes,

>On a related topic, Where are the Humakti Holy Sites in Prax, and where
are the temples to Humakt, and what is their size?<

In my gloranthan campaign, I introduced a sword that was itself a mobile holy place. It was also an incarnation of a Humakti Hero. It was extremely powerful but my PC player was "afraid" to use it in battle. It could not be drawn from its scabard unless properly invoked. The proper invocation was actually an invitation to the spirit of the Hero to possess the PC. After the hero mopped up the PC's opponents and any other armed nonHumakti (including the PCs nonHumakti associates if any) the hero would remain in possession of the PCs body until the body collapsed from the strain. Eventually, the PC would awaken (massively fatigued and with CON losses, and possibly missing limbs, which the sword hero payed little attention to) in control of his own body, the sword back in its sheath, If anyone remembers a Heroquest story I posted about a Hykim hero named Koskil, he had a faithful companion named Dowser who was separated from him in the course of the heroquest. Well, the sword is what became of Dowser (or what Dowser became). BTW, my PCs found the sword somewhere on Tada's High Cumulus after chasing a doppelganging demon from a village northeast of Jonstown where it was impersonating the village healer so as to feed on the villagers' life forces. My Humakti PC had to defend the sword from other Humakti who challenged his right and worthiness to bear it (Humakti duels). Within a year, he lost it on the Hykim heroquest when it was freed from it's still unexplained condition to return to the Dead.

Tim Torres

PS Sorry in advance if this post appears twice. My e-mail has been sending some messages twice and I haven't figured it out yet.