Text Stripper

From: David Cheng <drcheng_at_stern.nyu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 11:42:03 EST

This is in no way related to Glorantha or RuneQuest. But since it involves my (our) efforts to archive the digests, I figure this is a good place to post an appeal.

I'm on a Unix system, and I use 'mm' to read email. I've got a Quick Keys macro set up to execute the 'copy'-to-file command.

I let the file grow to about 100K, and then I rename it for archival purposes. I then download these files to my desktop hard drive.

These archive files are full of useless message header lines. QUESTION: Is there some kind of mini-program that I could have in my account that would strip out lines that begin with "To: ", "Message-Path", "Priority: ", etc.? Is there a Mac application that could do this to the text file I've downloaded? If no to both of these, is there anyone out there who could write such an application? I'd be willing to pay maybe $50 as an incentive. I bet there are dozens of other folks (at least) who would send you shareware money too.

If anyone can give me some guidance here, I'd be greatly appreciative. Please contact me by email.

Thanks,
*DC