More Mostali Ramblings

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 21:28:02 -0800

Peter M.

>Hmm. I don't think Nida is actually aware of Slon's existance and Vice
>Versa until quite recently. Looking at Elder Secrets, it says both Slon
>and Nida run their half of the world in Perfect Unity. I fail to see how
>this could so if they were aware of each others existanace since the
>beginning of time.

Well, it is hard for them not to be aware of each others existance. They have tunnels that connect to two places (not necessarily physical), and always have had. True Mostali can still all travel through tunnels to Mostal's workshop and speak with Mostal and each other.

Nick

>This has nothing to do with Argan Argar, or YarGan, afaik. I don't think YarGa
>is ruler of Castle Blue. There is no necessary connection between these

Of course though, YarGan did make an appearance for the Red Goddess' fight there. As did everyone else.

Sam

>research has been conducted through the interview of dwarves who have
>since left the machine and were willing to talk to me. I refer throughout
>to the "machine". This is not the World Machine, rather it is the nearest
>translation of the dwarven word for "life". It is also interchangeable with
>"society", "world" and to a certain degree "god" [although this is not the
>same as Mostal - he isn't a god, rather Mostal is either part of the machine
>or the controller of the machine. This is a theological argument, however]

I love theological mostali discussions. Therefore, I would state that Mostal IS the World Machine, as are ALL Mostali. If you ask Isidilian if he is Mostal, he says, "Yes." (this much has been confirmed) Sort of in the same way that all Aldryami are like leaves in the forest, all Mostali are chips in the machine(Mostal).

EriK

>> Kingdom of War - Despite their newness, they also have a true
>Decamony......
>If the KoW still is dwarf-run, I suspect they do not have a ruling
>council - just an Iron Boss, like the Iron part of a decamony without
>the other metals. And then I think LDoaH, if he is nonhuman, may not
>be an Iron Dwarf or even an Iron Mostali, but a dwarven war-machine
>of hyper-complexity - perhaps the "computermind" of the literal Doomsday Machi
>ne.

I doubt any connection at all between the KoW and Mostali. Mostali are better planners than that. The Doomsday machine was/is the Iron Mostali class, set into motion long, long ago. Think about it, they are immortal, get stronger and stronger, and only live to fight. Eventually, they will destroy the World. (Besides, I only added the KoW as a joke.)

eriC