Spelling

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 13:00:40 +0100

Eric Rowe:
> Our Mostali-loving comrade Erik (note he is no true Mostali, for he
> misspells his own name) mentions...

Erik Sieurin:
>Huh! Everyone noves dat de correct vay ov spelling is de one dat
>spells as it sounds. "C" is a kompletely jusless konsonant. Dus I
>spell mi neme vid a "K", akkordink to de "Golden Book ov Effisient
>Spellink".

Since Erik/Eric/etc. is an ancient scandinavian name it should of course be spelled in nordic runes. If the character set of the computer in use can't handle that, well I think the closest equivalence of the old spelling is something like EirikR (don't ask me why the last R is capital, I don't know).

Sorry about the non-Gloranthan stuff!

/Nils ERIK Weinander

btw, Erik means 'the mighty, the ruler', Nils means 'the conqueror of the people', so I'm 'The conqueror of the people, the mighty ruler'. Just a little bit pompous perhaps.