Glen Cook's books

From: Peter Donald <neurolab_at_pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 08:46:26 +0000

        Brian Tickler wrote:

> I would also recommend his Black Company series, *if* he would publish
> the sixth book!

        Emphatically thirded. I'd also recommend his (sadly terminally out of print) Dread Empire series (the titular Dread Empire might provide some nifty visual inspiration for the KoW, now that I think on't).

> I've been waiting for it for years and have just assumed
> that he had some fight with his publisher and that it will never see the
> light of day...

        Then I'm sure you'll be please to know that the ms for _Bleak Seasons_ (the first of the three new books that'll finish off the Books of the South - it was originally going to be one more volume, _Glittering Stone_, but the story kind of grew) is in-house at Tor, and scheduled for a hc release sometime this coming spring. In related news, look for (at least one) licensed RPG product based on the Black Company world to hit the market at roughly the same time.