Octamonists

From: ramos_at_crpp.u-bordeaux.fr
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 09:25:05 GMT

        Reflecting in all the talk about Diamond Mountain and octamonists, I decided that it would be very difficult defeating dwarfs without annihilating them. Dwarfs do not need the Irons (although they are handy), Jolanti, Gobblers, plagues, etc. can be used.

        My proposition is that instead of facing the dwarfs time after time again, a kralori emperor or hero (suggestions?) changed the dwarfs mindset, to make them nonbelligerent. After all kralori are the masters of thought control and "right thinking". The diamonddwarfs could literally explode, and all the iron could be employed in making those quaint iron forts that dot the kralori borders. Certainly the Octamonists are less problematic that, let's say, the openhandists of Nida. Just an idea.

        In other track, I followed Martin Laurie's advice to do something about the KoW instead of pointless criticism. I finished this weekend my version of What the Instructor says, and What the War Priest told me. Although a bit watered down from what I wanted, there they are. They are not a criticism of the work of M. Smylie (sp?), but an addition, a bit rougher than his philosopher soldiers. As the KoW thread seems to have died of natural causes in the interim (killed by Tarot), if anybody is interested I will mail privately to him/her. If I receive enough requests, I will post it in the Digests (the KoW strikes back).
A bientot, Jose