The [blank] of War

From: Brent Michael Krupp <fletcher_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 15:55:45 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995 Sandy Petersen wrote:

> Dave Dunham, with reference to the idea that the KoW is defeated by
> imitating it, sez:
> >Actually, it's possible that it's already happened, and the KOW has
> >"defeated" the original Duchy of War at its center. Thank goodness
> >that threat no longer exists!
> I like this idea a LOT! And it's going into my campaign
> pronto. Thanks, Dave.

I also liked David's suggestion quite a LOT, but let's take it a bit further:

There was this guy, the Man of War. He was pretty mean. His family put a stop to his antics, but it turned them into the Family of War. Their village saw the threat they posed, quickly producing the Village of War. And so on and so on up to and past the Duchy to the (current) Kingdom. :)

More plausibly, I can imagine a single minor noble or bandit chief getting possessed by some VERY, VERY, VERY horrible Spirit of War or somesuch and it spreading from his demesne or gang all the way to the Kingdom proper.

Brent Krupp (fletcher_at_u.washington.edu) http://weber.u.washington.edu/~fletcher/ "In the faculty of writing nonsense, stupidity is no match for genius."