The colour of language

From: John Leske <J.Leske_at_ctin.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 16:36:20 +1030

The evervescent Sandy wrote:
> Also, more native English speakers spell color(sic) "color". Shape up.

I believe Queen's English is the national language of India (population nearing 1 billion). While I do admit the BBC has begun using transatlantic english in their teaching programs, that is still a heck of a big installed base.

Perhaps I should start-up more duels in my glorantha over pronunciation of God's names ("You calling my God a Parvess?" (refuse bucket) "Yes, I said you God is Pavis" <thump>) and do silly jokes about trade-talk accents ("Goodness Gosh Me, so many customers visit my humble shop do, and all jolly good happy time having, but nothing from me ever buy!")

John (whose middle name DOESN'T mean anything in Swedish) Leske