Names and more

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:04:33 +0100

Erik:
>"Sven" means "young man" and "Erik", as Nils so
>cleverly remarked, means something like "almighty ruler". Thus, as
>the young almighty ruler I will take over when Nils passes away
>(bwahhahahahah!)

Don't hold your breath, I'm from a long-lived family.

Kingdom of War:

Jose's What the War Priest says certainly gives a bleak picture of the War people. My only objection is that the open nihilism gives them too much purpose. "The world is rotten, so we destroy it" is not quite what I envision. Rather "We will destroy the world because that is our fate" or "We will destroy the world, right now you are in my way so shut up and die".

Eastern magic:

Sandy:
>With the East Isles isolation and the arrival of the
>Dreaming, they turned spiritually inward, and transformed the
>primeval magic of the East into their own style of dream magic.

I think 'separation of Dreaming and Waking' fits better than 'arrival of the Dreaming'. This dichotomy is important. Only those who have learned to be awake and dreaming at the same time (lucid dreaming) can do the most powerful magic.

Co-located but unrelated:

Sandy:
>Also, more
>native English speakers spell color "color". Shape up.

Colour, colour, colour! (Sorry Sandy, couldn't resist it).

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net