Hell for people who can't say Vorumai correctly

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 1995 00:46:51 +1300

Sandy Petersen:

> The going standard for using "Vormain" as an adjective is
>"Vorumai" invented (as I recall) by Peter Metcalfe.

Actually Alex Ferguson takes the honours there. I was gungho for it but never used it consistently enough for Alex's likes. Which is why I used Vormain throughout my last post. My notes does contain a missive from Alex on how Vorumai, Vorumaini and Vorumainen should be used, but I can't find it at the moment.

David Cake:

wrote on the seven hells:

>>>I suspect the fourth Hell is still the worst, though.

>>C'mon David! What's the point of having Seven Hells if only the
>>Fourth One is the Worst? Going by the example of Dante, the Worst
>>Hell should be the Seventh Hell ruled over by the Evil Ganesatarus.

>I think the 7th Hell is either the best or the most mysterious -
>its the genuine Lunar one, probably, and the end of the journey.
>The 6th may be the worst. Taking my theory that the 6th is the
>annexed Pentan Hell, then it seems to be the one the Lunars fear
>the most, and the place where their worst criminals are cast.
>I think I am thinking more in terms of a heroes journey sort of
>situation, where the worst parts are near the middle, and the good
>bit is at the end.

The Lunar Cycle is to go deep into the Pits of Hell and then come out into the Light. This is merely Dante and Mohammed all over again. One goes deeper into Hell to reach Satan's Sulphurous Toenails and from there ascend into Heaven (although purgatory is technically the next step). The Lunars do not IMO go into Hell and stay there (no matter what the Orlanthi believe!). The Red Goddess is not a Darkness Diety according to the Dara Happans. [The Lunar Provincial Church IMO has different beliefs again about the afterlife and other matters to enhance acceptance of the Red Goddess among the Barbarians].

Personally I think the Lunars do not believe that Lodril's Underworld is a part of Hell as Plentonius claims but that Hell begins at the regions beneath Lodril's Palace. The latter Dara Happan Sacred Pillar places a filled in Earth Rune beneath Lodril's Earth Rune as opposed to the earlier one which placed Lodril at the bottom. This represents, IMO, an increased understanding of the natures of Hell. Plentonius is not the last word on these matters.