Dissent

From: ramos_at_crpp.u-bordeaux.fr
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 14:47:50 GMT

        I hate to dissent in the MGF thread, now that everybody is friendly, but I think that the Digest is one of the few places where you can afford to be Gloranthan without sacrificing all to MGF.

        Before I am crucified I wish to explain. When I buy a supplement, a magazine, a fanzine, I want something for my money. I expect to be satisfied (MGF). However the Digest I read and delete. Sometimes I note an issue number and a small reference (KoW Write Up-2.228). But most of it is expendable for me. It is the cumulative effect of reading of things gloranthan that matters. If you post the burial customs of the Lismelder, that really does not interest me at all, but if it is well written, it will deepen my subconscious knowledge of orlanthi (gosh, they can be weird), and Glorantha as a whole. Well written however is the key word. Something I miss lately are tales. Sandy is not the only one that can write (even if he is the best). I have tried, but my command of English is not up to the task (and my lack of free time).

        Also, a related subject that rose sometime ago is that MGF is not as important when you have no game, no party, no gaming group, and the only roleplayers I meet are AD&Ders unwilling to change or vampire wannabees. And speaking French. So I am willing to argue even small minutiae if that can quench my craving for sophisticated, cultured gloranthan players. (They are delicious with mayonnaise)
A bientot, Jose.

> o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o Centre de Recherche Paul Pascal o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o
> o Jose Ramos Net: Ramos_at_crpp.u-bordeaux.fr o
> o CRPP, CNRS-Universite de Bordeaux-I Tel: +33 56.84.56.11 o
> o Avenue A. Schweitzer, F_33600 France Fax: +33 56.84.56.00 o
> o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #255