Re: MEoW

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:13:00 -0500

Jim Chapin sez, after invoking a false analogy between non-hack&slash RPG scenarios and the "liberal" idea of the "moral equivalent of war":
>Now role-players, like liberals, are looking for something non-violent that
>will engage their players as fully as the risk of life and limb. My guess
>is that the quest is equally futile.

Yeah, I should have thought of that. That's why no one buys any novels except sword and sorcery, or goes to see plays and movies that aren't filled with violence, or watches anything on TV other than the Power Rangers.

I almost didn't reply to Jim's post because of its cheap abuse of the L-word and its non-Gloranthan content. But it couldn't pass without challenge.