A couple of replies

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 1995 15:28:10 +1300

Andrew Behan:

> Peter Metcalfe accuses me of making it too easy for Kralori to get
>Divine Magic. I'm very sorry but I may have boobed here, some elements of
>my (untested) system were left out of my previous post.

Not actually accused as such. I figured that learning or using Worship [Diety] probably had some catch which made it harder to use than normal. Now that you've clarfied that it's actually a Chi'i no longer makes me stay awake at nights wondering when the Kralori are going to conquer the world.

Nils Weinander:

SP>> Vorumaini -- tekel upharsin

>More laughs, but what does the last one mean?

Babylonian Party-pooping Grafitti. It means the Persians are coming according to the book of Daniel. The essense of Sandy's joke was that the first two letters of the slogan were Menel, Menel and Vorumaini sounded similarly repetitive.

AB>>By spending one Kralori
AB>>month in meditation a character may decrease one Personality Trait by 1
AB>>point without increasing the opposing trait, so that they add up to less
AB>>than 20.

>This sounds a bit weird. Care to elaborate on the philosophical/spiritual
>implications of killing your personality? I sense that this might be a
>really cool idea, but right now I'm too thick to see the justifications.

He was basing this upon the codex #3 rules in which to use Dragon Magic cost some expenditure of emotional power ('closer to the void' so to speak). This ties in well with the Kralori magic being based on draconic principles.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #261