Belated KoW ideas

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_sartar.toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 1995 23:11:44 MET

The thread not even Lord Death could ride to a such...

While I was researching Ralian history, I stumbled across several earlier organisations or people who may or may not be involved or worshipped by the KoW.

Varganthar the Unconquerable Knight:

personal foe of Talor in the Gbaji wars, _the_ Gbaji war event of Fronela. Since Fronelan prohecies include the Gate of Banir and Talor's Three Weapons, I'm more than sure that Varganthar moves about somewhere in some guise in the KoW.

Syranthir's Rearguard

Syranthir led 10,000 lords, wizards and knights east, away from the Jrusteli jihad, through hostile country. I doubt that 10,000 arrived, and I'm postie that some kind of Roncesvalles action occurred on his flight, and quite likely in the Black Forest which seems to offer the best opportunities for such an ambush, plus an enigmatic populace. So why not steal from the saga around Charlemagne, Roland, Bishop Turpin etc? We know that the Carmanians are notorious for ruthlessness and dark magics; wouldn't a rearguard slain by treacherous ambush rise from the dead, be it in body or as spirit, and haunt the land? Wouldn't they want to carry out their revenge to all of God Learner Fronela, regardless whether the GLs still exist there or not? 100 wargods...

Black Hralf the Weasel

seems to have been the most feared chieftain of the "White Bear Empire", a common enemy of the early 3rd Age Fronela for the Loskalmi (guess who hunted Snodal across the Glacier), the Arrolians and even some of the Rathori (although Fral Angor may have been a rival rather than enemy).

The Nameless Man and Arinsor are tied to the Hero War events in Fronela, too - and that means to the battle with the KoW.

Apart from that, LDoaH's description in Genertela Book doesn't differ much from Shah Cartavar's in the Fortunate Succession. If Charg should hold exiled Carmanians from the 5th Wane or earlier, wouldn't they reinforce the KoW?