Colour Magic, Sorcery

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 13:06:10 +0000 (GMT)

As it stands I can't see why Colour Magic can't be depicted with the bog-standard sorcery rules. Perhaps if/when Codex#4 appears and Dream Magic is revealed in all its glory it will be possible to do a synthesis of all the inwardly directed Mystical magic systems of Glorantha (Draconic, Kralori, Colour and Dream) hiving them off from Sorcery. (The latter is outwardly directed, exploiting the occult powers of nature.)

Does the old orthodoxy that Easterners have Sorcerors, but treat them as artisans, stand? I assume this is true in Kralorela. Has this been replaced by Dream Magic in the EI? Or is Dream Magic the local equivalent of Divine Magic, replacing the EI deities write-up in GoG? If Tsankth is worshipped in the EI, where battle magic is unknown, why does he give it out? (Unless this is just an approximation of his cult for fast'n'dirty combat opponents.) Are the "exotic" Vorumai are standard theists except for a few weirdos?
(Question mode off.)
- -------
Andrew Behan
ajbehan_at_alf2.tcd.ie